At your initial consultation you will be given an opportunity to discuss your personal health goals with an integrative health provider. Based on this conversation and connection, you will work together to identify the best next steps; a personalized plan for your care and a partnership to co-create health.
We ask that you bring, or send ahead of time via the patient portal or fax, any pertinent medical records, names and amounts of any supplements or medications you are taking and any lab test results you may have. We also ask that you bring an open mind and optimistic mindset as science proves that health and happiness are, in part, a result of a positive perspective.
Expect the consultation with the health practitioner to last for approximately 60 minutes. Please allow for an extra 15 minutes before and after the consult to complete any additional paperwork and to discuss next steps. We value your time and do our best to stick to these timeframes.
The lab testing is typically done in our office or at home. You will get instructions in more detail on how to do the testing from our team, however, each kit also comes with clear instructions for your review and reference. Payment is made directly to the lab to ensure the lowest price possible. Some labs will submit a claim to your insurance company.
Please review our Empowered Health Program here: https://princetonih.com/empowered-health-program/
Our programs are foundationally based upon what we call the “6 Pillars of Health”. These pillars are:
1) Energy Production – how well are your cells’ mitochondria producing the energy necessary to power your physical, mental and physiologic function?
2) Detoxification – how well is your body ridding itself of every day toxins? This includes those from foods, personal care products, water, home or office exposures, EMF, etc.
3) Brain Health and Mindset – The number one obstacle to optimal health is mental mindset. We work to optimize this for healing and vitality. As brain function can be severely impacted by disease and dysfunction, we work to optimize cellular, organ and system function and, thus, brain function / power.
4) Diet and Digestion – We are what we eat, break down, absorb and don’t eliminate. Food is fuel. Food is medicine. It’s very important that we get your nutritional intake on point and ensure that your body is doing with it what it needs to do to function optimally.
5) Stress and Inflammation – We believe that stress is the root cause of all disease and dysfunction. And, that stress leads to inflammation which then leads to dysfunction and disease. We work on addressing both external stress and internal stress to get your body out of the fight or flight mode and into one of rest, repair and restore. We also work to identify hidden stressors which may be sabotaging your health goals.
6) Lifestyle and Environment – Conventional medicine has long led us to believe that genetics are a major contributor to health. While they do play a role, the science of epigenetics has proven that lifestyle and environment are the factors that determine how your genes express themselves, how they turn on or off. As we say, genes load the gun, but environment pulls the trigger.
You can expect a dedicated healthcare team, partners in health that will work with you to educate, empower and encourage transformational change. You can expect guidance, support and accountability. We will work to optimize health by focusing on the 6 pillars and by addressing deficiencies that are identified through testing and clinical correlation. We also leverage the functional medicine, 5 R’s approach to health restoration. The 5 R’s are:
REMOVE: Remove toxins and pathogens that are identified via clinical consult and testing as well as limiting beliefs that may be holding you back from reaching your health and life goals.
REPLACE: Restore nutritional deficiency and function through diet and supplementation.
REINOCULATE: Recolonize the gut microbiome for proper microbial balance.
REPAIR: Restore the integrity of the gut mucose which will help to support a healthy immune system.
REBALANCE: Address whole body health and lifestyle factors to prevent further dysfunction.
Our practice provides resources to help you to accomplish your health goals. These may include Health, Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaches, a conventional / functional medicine trained doctor and other healing therapies.
Yes. We recommend that your first appointment is done in person, so that we can meet you face to face. If that’s not possible, we can do your appointment on the phone or video conference.
If you are a self-starter and like to be independent, it is not mandatory to use all of your appointments. The program’s core value is in evaluating your history, building your clinical case, ordering the right testing, educating, and designing a unique solution for you that addresses your 6 Pillars of Health. Our goal is to empower and encourage you to develop and leverage strategies to achieve lifelong, optimal health.
We suggest checking with your individual insurance provider. We have found in some cases the services are cover as an out of network provider (although reimbursement is not guaranteed).
Most likely. We avoid the acute care patient model, focusing, rather, on preventing and reversing chronic health challenges, so our services are likely separate from what your current medical team provides.
Please set up a complimentary 15-minute discovery consultation with an office team member to answer any additional questions that you may have. You may do so by calling the office at 609-512-1468, e-mailing email@example.com or visiting our contact form on our website athttps://princetonih.com/contact/